Location: Lexington, KY
Tired of beating your head against a wall of resistance when you attempt standardized work?
Every organization undertaking true lean implementation knows that standardization is a critical foundation for lean success.
Writing standardized work often becomes one of the early steps; but is frequently met with both middle management and labor resistance, becomes exceedingly complex and long, and in the end is unusable because of all the exceptions and variations.
As a result, the standardized work documents which finally make it through development and approval wind up like most other work procedures and training manuals—in a notebook in someone’s office and seldom if ever used.
The UK True Lean Introduction to Standardized Work program is designed to address why the above scenario happens too often in all types of work. It is structured as
- a highly interactive classroom presentation and discussion
- includes experiential learning activities
- concludes on day three with a go forward strategy planning session
- an opportunity for extensive Q & A, coaching, and discussion between the instructor and the students
- focused on specific implementation issues in the student’s own workplace
The program is 2.5 days long, beginning at 8:30 a.m. daily, and ends at noon on day 3.
- know the difference between Standardized Work and typical work standards/SOPs
- learn the critical elements for developing it to achieve sustainability
- understand how to apply it to daily management of safety, quality, and productivity
- Learn the function and purpose of each Standardized Work tool
- Know why preconditions must be in place
- Experience first-hand the process for developing Standardized Work
- Develop a strategy for implementing it in your operations
$1995.00 – includes course materials and lunch
For more information contact: